Monday, March 12, 2012

October 2011

Thanks to my sister-in-law and her husband, we were able to use their time share in Myrtle Beach for a much needed vacation. The weather was fantastic (75° - 80°), and the only bad thing was Evan had his first really bad cold. He just started day care the week before because I started working again. He was quite miserable but we made the best of it. We enjoyed time at the beach (it was eerily deserted), seeing the Medieval Times jousting tournament (which Evan loved), shopping at the Boardwalk and petting crocodiles and snakes at Alligator Adventure.

We also had a great time with Melissa Skidmore, a photographer from North Myrtle Beach that we had take some family photos of us at a nearby beach. She was about 6 months pregnant at the time and was lugging her equipment and props all over the beach. Joel couldn't stand to watch her do it so he helped her out by moving her stuff wherever we went. The photos came out better than I expected and she is a sweetheart. If you are ever in the area, look her up!

Whenever I am on a beach, something comes over me and I feel the need to create something with the sand. I think we made a sea turtle again - that seems to be my favorite!


0 comments:

Post a Comment